Connection & Trust
Over the years, through my regular meditation practice, I’ve noticed that my sense of connection has grown.
I feel more connected
– to myself… what’s important to me… my truth… my purpose
– to others… connecting more from the heart… less from the wounded place of conditioning… more of a soul connection
– to nature… seeing the wildlife… the colours… being more present & feeling part of nature
– to something bigger… to the universal flow… to the life force that connects us all
That connection has enabled me to trust more. To trust myself… to see the innate goodness in people… to feel comfortable in the wild (still a work in progress!)… but biggest of all to trust where life takes me. To know the universe has my back… that I don’t need to push and strive but that I can flow with what is… what presents… allow the unfolding and trust that what’s meant to be will come when the time is right.
Not always… this is a regular conversation at the moment…
Connected Me: it’s ok when the time’s right the plot will show up
Disconnected me: YEAH BUT WHEN? ITS BEEN 2 YEARS
Connected Me: but the house didn’t sell until 6 months ago… all in good time
Disconnected me: EXCUSES EXCUSES
Connected Me: dont forget what people say up here ‘what’s for you won’t go by you’… the right plot is the one we’ll buy… when the time is right… all in Divine order.
Disconnected me: ARE YOU GOING TO LIVE IN A BUS FOREVER??? IT’S BEEN THREE AND A HALF YEARS… 6 YEARS SINCE YOU MOVED INTO THE CARAVAN BEFORE THE BUS!!!
Connected Me: Hmmm good point… maybe we do need to do more about it… perhaps we should have more of a plan (checking estate agents sites for plots). Everyone keeps asking you. You really SHOULD have a plot by now. You’re just drifting. Not moving forwards at all. What are you doing? WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BUY A PLOT? WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW???
I notice I’ve dropped out of connection & trust and into disconnection & fear when I start wanting to control… push things… to make a plan… to work it all out… to force… It’s my cue to reconnect!
What helps you connect with yourself, others, nature, ‘The Force’ (been watching too much Starwars with Oscar this week!)?
- What do you notice about your behaviour or your mindset when you’re connected?
- What changes for you when you drop out of connection?
- Would love to hear more about what the theme of connection raises for you… anyone want to guest blog?
PS. Whilst searching for an image for this post, thanks to Milan Popovic & Unsplash for this one, I noticed that most of the images under ‘connected’ and ‘connection’ were of mobile phones and laptops 😮 … have we lost what it means to be naturally connected? Switching off to meditate now!)